The only Advanced Mentoring Level 4 Qualification available
Course satisfaction rate: new course, still being calculated
A Level 4 Qualification for those who have completed a practitioner mentor qualification to study the underlying theories of mentoring and coaching in more depth. This course helps professionals to reflect on their mentoring experiences and understand the principles underpinning these experience, consequently improving them.
Versions of the Advanced Mentoring Level 4 Qualification:
- Advanced Mentoring
- Advanced Mentoring with Coaching
- Advanced Mentoring Apprentices
- Advanced Career and Employability Mentoring
- Advanced Children and Young Person’s Mentoring
This theory-based course is designed for experienced mentors who already have a level 3 qualification (or equivalent) in mentoring. This is due to the fact that the advanced course does not teach practitioner skills (e.g. how to have mentoring conversations), but focusses on the more complex decisions that a mentor makes (e.g. what is the best way to adapt my approach to help this mentee?).
Mentors work through a series of Mandatory Core Modules and then select the Optional Modules related to their pathway.
The programme is assessed by a portfolio due within four months of starting the course. Portfolio sections are completed after each of the modules and then submitted in one submission after completion of the optional units.
- Foundations of Mentoring – a module focussed on the underlying theories of the mentoring (and coaching) relationship.
- Stages of mentoring relationships
- Functions of mentoring
- Successful pairings
- The Mentoring Approach – a module focussed on the impact of your support for the mentee.
- Types of mentoring and coaching approach
- Purposes of relationships
- Developmental and clear activities
- Reflective Practice – a module focussed on reflecting on your own practice and self-development opportunities provided by supporting others.
- Mentoring dispositions
- Developing others
- Researching a Mentoring Topic – a module focussed on supporting you to research a topic related to the support that you give others.
- Undertaking research
- Applying research outcomes
- Impact of the research
Optional units (different versions)
Optional units cover internal and external barriers, resources, services, the role of the mentee and others in progressing towards goals or overcoming barriers.
- Mentoring with Coaching
- Apprentice Mentoring
- Career and Employability Mentoring
- Children and Young Person’s Mentoring
- Young Children’s Mentoring
Please get in touch with us on +442381 120010 or via email@example.com if you have any queries, would like an invoice or group discount.
View the course introduction here: